Within this article:
Description of the negotiation module
Should you wish to benefit and enjoy this premium feature, you may have to contact your Customer Success Manager, or our dedicated Support teams, in order to have it activated.
This particular premium feature would allow you to negotiate the price of the proposals received from your preferred suppliers, directly from our platform, and would bring you the following advantages:
- Reduce your expenses relating to outsourcing intellectual services, by allowing you to negotiate lower rates
- Gain time and visibility by centralising all communications with your suppliers on the platform and thus avoid using multiple tools which may have the risk of missing out on certain communications
From the moment the Negotiation module is activated in your account, the only people it would be visible for are those that are set up to validate the proposal, these may be:
How to use the negotiation module
Let's start by going to the "RFP" (Request for Proposals) tab and select the option "My requests for Proposals"
Negotiation is only possible for the Operational or Manager:
from the moment one or more proposals have been identified as "interesting" by the operational, and the limits established on the associated spending line, are not exceeded
In the instance validation from the buyer is required:
it will be necessary for the request for proposals to be on status "selected", that is to say, the operational will need to have selected the proposition and sent it through to the buyer, since the limits established at the spending line associated to it, would have been exceeded
Should the proposal not have been chosen yet, and should the buyer associated to the Request for Proposals (RFP) make the selection, take into account that the RFP will be validated automatically and it will no longer be possible to negotiate on that particular proposal
As the person responsible to select or validate the proposal:
1. From the page of "My Requests for Proposals", please select the desired RFP from the menu under the column "options" and access the page listing the propositions received
2. You will be redirected towards the list of proposals corresponding to the RFP, you may then click on the vertical points menu on the right of the proposal to access the "Negotiation" option
3. A new window will open up from which you will see a section dedicated to "Negotiation", with text fields available, allowing the Operational or Buyer to make the supplier a counter-proposal, by indicating a new daily rate and/or a number of gratuity days requested.
- It is also possible (and recommended) to justify this counter offer by adding a comment
4. From the moment a counter-offer is sent to the supplier, the Rate of the proposal will have the status "Negotiation in progress"
5. The supplier will receive on their side, a notification on their account informing them of this counter-proposal. They may then:
- accept and validate the counter proposal received
- respond and make a new counter-proposal
- decide to stop the negotiation
Should the supplier decide to continue negotiating by sending you a new counter-proposal, you, as a buyer or operational
(in case there is no validation required from the buyer)
will also be notified of the response from the supplier
Please note that the negotiation may be interrupted at any point by either of the two parties.
In addition to that, the system does not have a limit of exchanges within the negotiation module, and that the historic of communications will remain visible to both sides.
From the moment the buyer or the supplier validate a counter offer, the last rate negotiated, with the daily rate and any eventual gratuity days are applied, and the project is able to start.