The negotiation module allows you to negotiate the price of the proposals received from your suppliers on your Requests for Proposals (RFPs), directly from LittleBig Connection platform. Thanks to this, you can reduce your expenses relating to outsourcing intellectual services by negotiating lower rates, and gain time and visibility by centralizing all communications in one place. Being a premium feature, you may have to contact your Customer Success Manager, or our dedicated Support teams, in order to have it activated in your account. Then, this article explains when and how you can use the negotiation module.
Within this article
Prerequisite to use the negotiation module
From the moment the Negotiation module is activated in your account, the only people it would be visible for are those that are set up to validate the proposal, these may be:
- The Operational or Manager who created the Request for Proposals (RFP), if the limits established on the associated spending line, are not exceeded. In this case, they will be able to negotiate only once they have qualified the proposal as Interesting.
- The Buyer assigned to the RFP, if the limits established on the associated spending line have been exceeded. In this case, the proposal needs to have the status Selected and the Operational needs to have sent this selected proposal to the Buyer, for the negotiation to be possible.
Use the negotiation module
To use the negotiation module, as the person responsible to validate the proposal:
- Go to the RFP tab and click on My RFPs
- On the desired RFP, open the action menu and click on See all proposals
- You will be redirected towards the list of proposals corresponding to the RFP. On the desired proposal, open the action menu and click on Negotiation
- In the window that will open up, you can indicate a new daily rate and/or a number of free days, as well as a new rate for the daily fees if this feature has been activated in your account. We also recommend you to add a comment to support your counter-proposal.
- Finally, click on Send
From the moment this counter-proposal is sent to the supplier, a new Negotiated price column appears in the proposals list of the RFP in question. The visible rate is the one from the last counter-proposal, with the Ongoing mention below as long as the negotiation is not over.
The supplier will receive a notification informing them of your counter-proposal. They may then:
- Accept and validate the counter-proposal received
- Respond and make a new counter-proposal
- Decide to stop the negotiation (the proposal price will revert to the original one and it will not be possible to make new counter-proposals)
Should the supplier decide to continue negotiating by sending you a new counter-proposal, you will then be notified too.
The negotiation module has no limit to the number of exchanges, and the history of the exchanges remains visible to both parties at all times. Moreover, the negotiation can be interrupted at any time by either party.
When you or your supplier validate a counter-proposal, the last negotiated daily rate (with possibly free days) is applied as the final offer.