Within this article:
- Definition of a Timesheet
- When and how to validate a Timesheet
- What do do when a Timesheet is validated with the wrong data
Definition of a Timesheet
A Timesheet (also called an Activity Report) is a document that justifies and regroups for both parties, you your service supplier and you as the client, the total number of days worked, any supplementary costs or fees, as well as an evaluation of the service provided.
Timesheets are a very useful tool to handle the invoicing /billing process of the project, as well as a way to ensure payment for your supplier.
They should be fully validated at the end of the month, with the purpose of of activating the billing process and going through with the payment of the project.
You may access the Timesheets section in the platform by clicking on "Timesheets/Invoices" on the left side menu, then clicking on the option tilted My billing vouchers:
|Any and all delay in validating Timesheets will imply a delay in billing as well as in the payment to the supplier|
When and how to validate the Timesheet
The feature Timesheets should be validated by the Operational /Manager of your company, prior to the first of the month after at the latest.
It is very important to respect the deadlines; validation of the Timesheet is a condition to the creation of the billing voucher, and as a consequence, activates the payment for your supplier.
Below the validation workflow of a Timesheet, with a summary of the dates to respect:
Billing is conditioned by the full validation of the Timesheet, which depends in turn on the existing validation workflows, that get together each of the individuals assigned to the project (freelancers, consultants, business/sales managers, and Operational/Managers),.
We highly recommend you ensure that all Timesheets within your scope of work, are validated prior to the end of the month.
Validation of the Timesheet
Let's start by going to the "Timesheets / Invoices" tab and select the option titled "My billing vouchers":
- Identify the specific Timesheet you would like to validate and click on the burger menu on the left under the column titled "options"
- Within the individual page of the Timesheet, you may find on the left a summary of the days concerning the Timesheet reported
- On the right, you may verify the general information available for the timesheet including: number of days worked, month of the service, price per unit, total cost of the project for the month, etc in the format of a summary
- Go down the page, under the header "Project details" untill you get to the section named "Invoice details for month XX XXXX"
- Fill in the area titled ""Evaluation of the service" (this step is optional)
- Clicking on the star corresponding to the score you wish to award to the service
- Add your specific comments on the subject of the service provided
- In the section just below, you will be able to check the description and objectives of the mission as well as the deliverables requested. Take into account that just underneath you can find the summary of your Timesheet
- Click on the button " Check the billing details", a new pop up window will upen up and will show you all the key information of your billing voucher
- To validate your Timesheet, click on "Validate the Billing Voucher"
- Should there be an error or a modification pending in the Timesheet, click on the "Reject" button
- The Billing voucher will be generated once the Timesheet has been validated by you, as the client.
OTHER OPTIONS TO VALIDATE TIMESHEETS (Activity Reports)
- Simplified validation of Timesheets (Activity Reports)
- Mass validation of Timesheets (Activity Reports)
- Should there be an error or modification to carry out prior to validation, you are able to reject the Timesheet
- Once a Timesheet has been rejected, it will go back to the service provider and the validation workflow of the Timesheet will start once again
- Any delay in filling out or validating the Timesheet will imply a delay in payment for your supplier
- Once the Timesheet has been validated, it may not be modified
What do do when a Timesheet has been validated with erroneous information
The invoice (billing voucher) is generated automatically once the Timesheet has been validated by you as the client.
Should there be modifications not yet taken into account, there are several options available:
- It is possible to carry out a regularisation on the following Timesheet
For other changes, you may contact our Support team and:
- Request the cancelation of the invoice generated
- Request the emission of an added invoice where more days may be added