Within this article
- Definition of an Activity Report (AR)
- When and how to validate an Activity Report
- What to do when an Activity Report is validated with the wrong data
Definition of an Activity Report (AR)
An Activity Report (AR) is a document that justifies and regroups for both parties, your service provider and you as the client, the total number of days worked, any supplementary costs or fees, as well as an evaluation of the service provided.
Activity Reports are a very useful tool to handle the invoicing /billing process of the project, as well as a way to ensure payment for your supplier.
They should be fully validated at the end of the month, with the purpose of activating the billing process and going through with the payment of the project.
You may access the Activity Reports section in the platform by clicking on "Activity Reports/Invoices" on the left side menu, then clicking on the option tilted My billing vouchers:
|Any and all delay in validating Activity Reports will imply a delay in billing as well as in the payment to the supplier|
When and how to validate the Activity Report
The feature Activity Reports should be validated by the Operational /Manager of your company, prior to the first of the month after at the latest.
It is very important to respect the deadlines; validation of the Activity Report is a condition to the creation of the billing voucher, and as a consequence, activates the payment for your supplier.
Below the validation workflow of an Activity Report, with a summary of the dates to respect:
Billing is conditioned by the full validation of the Activity Report, which depends in turn on the existing validation workflows, that get together each of the individuals assigned to the project (freelancers, consultants, business managers, and Operational/Managers).
We highly recommend you ensure that all Activity Reports within your scope of work, are validated prior to the end of the month.
Validation of the Activity Report
Let's start by going to the "Activity Reports/Invoices" tab and selecting the option titled "My billing vouchers":
- Identify the specific Activity Report you would like to validate and click on the burger menu on the left under the column titled "options"
- Within the individual page of the Activity Report, you may find on the left a summary of the days concerning the Activity Report reported
- On the right, you may verify the general information available for the Activity Report including: number of days worked, month of the service, price per unit, total cost of the project for the month, etc. in the format of a summary
- Go down the page, under the header "Project details" until you get to the section named "Invoice details for month XX XXXX"
- Fill in the area titled "Evaluation of the service" (this step is optional)
- Clicking on the star corresponding to the score you wish to award to the service
- Add your specific comments on the subject of the service provided
- In the section just below, you will be able to check the description and objectives of the project as well as the deliverables requested. Take into account that just underneath you can find the summary of your Activity Report
- Click on the button "Check the billing details", a new pop-up window will open up and will show you all the key information of your billing voucher
- To validate your Activity Report, click on "Validate the Billing Voucher"
- Should there be an error or a modification pending in the Activity Report, click on the "Reject" button
- The Billing voucher will be generated once the Activity Report has been validated by you, as the client.
Other options to validate Activity Reports
- Simplified validation of Activity Reports
- Mass validation of Activity Reports
- Should there be an error or modification to carry out prior to validation, you are able to reject the Activity Report
- Once an Activity Report has been rejected, it will go back to the service provider and the validation workflow of the Activity Report will start once again
- Any delay in filling out or validating the Activity Report will imply a delay in payment for your supplier
- Once the Activity Report has been validated, it may not be modified
What to do when an Activity Report has been validated with erroneous information
The invoice (billing voucher) is generated automatically once the Activity Report has been validated by you as the client.
Should there be modifications not yet taken into account, there are several options available:
- It is possible to carry out a regularization on the following Activity Report
For other changes, you may contact our Support team and:
- Request the cancelation of the invoice generated
- Request the emission of an added invoice where more days may be added