A preferred supplier is one with whom you have already worked with previously, it is very likely that you have already set up with them, agreements or reference contracts. As such, it is likely that during your Onboarding experience you have already invited a list of suppliers to join you at LittleBig, as a preferred supplier (otherwise, you can contact your Customer Success Manager at any other point to add them). This article explains how you, as a Company Administrator, can set up lists of preferred suppliers and how they can then be used by Operational managers.
Within this article
Set up a list of preferred suppliers
Company Administrators are the only ones able to set up lists of preferred suppliers, linking them to specific entities, to enable collaborators to use them when creating new Requests for Proposals.
One way to set up these preferred suppliers lists is, for example, to categorize your suppliers by rank, activity industry, location, etc. To create a list:
- Go to the Entities tab and click on Preferred supplier management
- Within the Specific settings page of the parent entity that will come up, go to the section Preferred suppliers and click on New preferred suppliers list
- In the form that will appear, please fill in the following fields:
- Name of the list: choose a distinctive name for your list
- Preferred suppliers: select all the firms you wish to add to your list of preferred suppliers
- List of entities: select all the entities to which you wish to give access, to the list of preferred suppliers
- Click on Validate
Once your list has been validated, you will be able to find it in the Preferred suppliers section, under Preferred suppliers lists. And from this page, you will be able to edit your lists, if needed, by:
- Adding suppliers/entities
- Removing suppliers/entities
Use the lists of preferred suppliers
Your operational staff, assigned to the entities linked to these lists, will be able to access them upon initiating the creation of a new Request for Proposals, specifically on the last step of the form (Publication).
They will be able to select the lists to which they want to send the RFP, and modify the components of the lists if needed, by deselecting the suppliers to whom they do not wish to send the RFP.
Upon publishing the RFP, only the selected suppliers will be able to view and respond to it.