Within this article:
- Definition of an API
- Ways to use this feature
Definition of an API
API - "Application Programming Interface" is a type of intermediary program that, allows the accessing and sharing of data in a secure manner, between two ore more information systems or platforms.
As a premium functionality, if you wish to benefit from this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager, or our Support Team, to activate it.
At LittleBig Connection, using APIs will enable you to have new communication paths between the LittleBig platform and your own internal tools, to view and/or modify your data.
What APIs will allow you to do:
- Automate certain tasks
- Interface your internal tools with the LittleBig platform
- Real time recovery of data for reporting functionalities
LittleBig Connection RESET API follows widely adopted standards, which allow it to communicate (and exchange data) with most information systems available, without too much effort.
Technical details are available to the public via THIS LINK. You will be able to liaise with your internal IT teams, and get from there, the steps to follow in order to be able to use the API features with LittleBig.
You will be fully supported during the Onboarding process by a dedicated Professional Services team, who will guide you and accompany you throughout the experience.
With the aim of maintaining data secure, APIs are protected by a username/password and a Partner ID.
This must be activated internally by your POC at LittleBig.
To protect the servers, the following limitations have been set up:
- One service call per IP at a time; concurrent calls are not allowed
- The number of service calls is limited to 10 per second
- The number of daily service calls is limited to 50,000
Ways to use this feature
1. Task Automation
APIs will enable you to automatise a number of tasks to streamline your workflows and make repetitive tasks easier to handle for your teams, some examples would include:
- Integration of internal Purchase Order numbers to LittleBig Connection
- You will be able to add attachments in the form of documents/folders, as well as
- Updating the status of the Purchase Order
- Validation of Purchase Requests received and Service Receptions
- Update Project Codes (development in progress)
- Creation of Purchase requests lists for suppliers and
- Updating data within open Purchase Requests, to match your internal references
- Management of Profile Codes and Rate Cards (development in progress)
2. Interfacing with your internal tools
LittleBig Connections APIs' flexibility will give you the freedom of connecting the tools you use internally, to the LittleBig platform, while exchanging data. (Tools such as e-procurement or other time and activity management solutions).
With it, you will be able to access data linked to your LittleBig account, directly from your own tools, thanks to the settings of the APIs, that will allow you to keep your usual work and validation processes, intact.
You will be able to:
- Access the data of your account, including Timesheets
- View the details of Timesheets reported by the consultants
- Update reports directly from your internal information system
- Add attachments to specific activity reports, that may be included without format in Timesheets
- Manage Service Receptions
- Confirm or reject the reported hours worked submitted by a consultant
- Send a confirmation message
3. Real time recovery of data for reporting functionality
As a user of the API feature, you will be able to view the following data in real time:
- List of new Requests for Proposals
- Number of ongoing missions
- Details of Purchase Orders created, per manager/department
- Live follow up on expenses
You will be able to decide which data you wish to view and how to handle that data, with the purpose of generating KPI reports or other key indicators to manage performance.
The APIs created by LittleBig Connection, will also enable you to add the supplementary data listed below to your reports, concerning the activities within the platform for all collaborators registered in the platform:
- Project Codes
- Custom Fields
- Profile Codes