Within the article:
- Definition of a workflow
- Configuration of a workflow
- Assigning a validation workflow to an entity
Definition of a workflow
Workflows allow you to map out and portray your purchasing cycle within the LittleBig Connection Platform.
Thanks to a Workflow, you can add one or several validation steps, based on different criteria you may have previously defined, prior to the publication of a Request For Proposals.
Only Company Administrators can view and manage Validation Workflows of the company, as well as adding Validation Workflows to entities.
Entities are part of the validation steps of a Workflow, they are a pre-requisite for Workflow creation. Indeed, the Entity Lead and Deputy Manager will proceed to the validation.
Please make sure you have already created your entities (with the right Entity Lead and Deputy Manager assigned) when you wish to add it to a validation step.
Since Spending Lines are linked to workflows, they are also a pre-requisite for Workflow configuration.
Configuration of a workflow
- Go to the "Entities" tab and then to the "Validation Workflows" tab
- Click on "Create a new workflow" at the top of the screen.
- Fill in your workflow details and configure validation entities.
- Workflow's name
- Select the currency of your choice (note that de currency is determined by the present budget)
- The minimum and/or the maximum amount (if needed)
- Select at least one entity as first validation step. The Entity Lead of this entity will be the validator in order to allow the publication of the Request For Proposal
- You may add other entities as additional validation steps if you wish
We highly recommend that you keep the number of validators to the minimum in order to avoid unnecessary delays.
Once you are ready, click on "Save" at the bottom of the screen to create the workflow
Assign a validation workflow to an entity
Once your workflow has been created, you will then need to assign it to the relevant entities to which it will henceforth be associated.
Workflows are linked to spending lines, as such, when a specific spending line is selected, the designated workflow is applied.
|It is mandatory to have at least one spending line linked to each entity so that collaborators can create a Request for Proposals from it.|
- Go to the "Entities" section, then click on "Manage entities"
- Go to each entity you want the workflow to be active in, associate the relevant spending lines via the option “Edit Entity” and then “Spending lines and workflows” within General settings
- Click on “Add a spending line” at the top right of the screen
Each spending line can be linked to one or more validation workflows, which determine the validation steps necessary for the publication of the Request for Proposals.
When a workflow is associated to a spending line, it means that, when creating an RFP on the entity, after selecting the spending line (defining the validation of the PO), the operational will be able to select the workflow (defining the validation of the RFP) associated with it.
Once the RFP has been published, the RFP status will be “WORKFLOW IN PROGRESS”, the workflow can then be consulted via the option “View the workflow” in the tab “Requests for Proposals” as well as on the tab “All my requests for proposals”.
Please note that: The user in charge of the validation workflow will be notified directly from the platform, so they may then validate it.
It is not possible to delete a workflow or edit a workflow used on entities.
To edit a workflow currently in use, please contact LittleBig Connection Support teams.