Workflows allow you to map out and portray your purchasing cycle within the LittleBig Connection platform. Thanks to them, you can add one or several validation steps, based on different criteria you may have previously defined, prior to the publication of a Request For Proposals (RFP). In this article, we will see how to set up a validation workflow and assign it.
Within the article
- Requirements to create a validation workflow
- Set up a workflow
- Assign a validation workflow to an entity
Requirements to create a validation workflow
Only Company Administrators can view and manage Validation workflows, as well as adding them to entities. Entity Administrators can only do it for the entities where they are assigned as such.
Entities are part of the validation steps of a Workflow. Therefore, their existence is a prerequisite for a workflow creation, since the Entity Lead and Deputy Manager will proceed to the validation. Please make sure you have already created your entities (with the right Entity Lead and Deputy Manager assigned) when you wish to add it to a validation step.
Since Spending Lines are linked to workflows, they are also a prerequisite for Workflow configuration.
Set up a workflow
- Go to the Entities tab and then click on Validation Workflows
- Click on Create a new workflow at the top of the screen
- Fill in the workflow's details:
- Workflow's name
- Select the currency of your choice (currencies available depend on the existing budgets)
- Indicate the minimum and the maximum amount
- Check the entities that can use this workflow
4. Select at least one entity as first validation step. The Entity Manager of this entity will be the validator in order to allow the publication of the Request For Proposals
5. Once you are ready, click on Save at the bottom of the screen to create the workflow
Assign a validation workflow to an entity
Once your workflow has been created, you will then need to assign it to the relevant entities.
Workflows are linked to spending lines, as such, when a specific spending line is selected, the designated workflow is applied.
- Go to the Entities tab, then click on Manage entities
- For each entity you want the workflow to be active in, click on General settings in the action menu
- Within the Spending lines and workflows section, click on Add a spending line
- Choose the relevant spending line and the associated workflow, then click on Add
When a workflow is associated to a spending line, it means that, when creating an RFP on the entity, the operational will be able to select the workflow (defining the validation of the RFP) after selecting the associated spending line (defining the validation of the PO).
Once the RFP has been published, the RFP status will be Workflow in progress and the user in charge of the validation workflow will be notified, so they may then validate it.