An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Client. It includes the number of working units worked, any expenses or overtime incurred, and an evaluation of the project. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to fill it in, submit it, and correct it if necessary, for a Time and materials project, to ensure that you receive payment in a timely manner.
Within this article
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month of your project because it is essential to generate the invoice/billing voucher (BV) and therefore trigger the payment process.
To ensure that you receive your payment in a timely manner, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
Fill in and submit your Activity Report
Here are the steps to fill in and submit your AR for a Time and materials project:
- Go to the tab Activity Report/Invoices and click on My Activity Report
- On the calendar that appears, enter the number of working units worked. You can specify them per day by clicking on the individual (+) or (-) buttons, set up a full week by going to the icon under the number of the week, alternatively, configure the whole month by clicking on Modify the whole month in the upper right of the calendar. You can check that your updates are applied by having a look at the summary on the right of your screen, called Summary of the Activity Report.
3. Specific details to be completed (optional): if you need to add complementary elements to your AR, click on the toggle button Add details to the project to display the corresponding fields.
- Documents and deliverables: share the documents you have produced during the month for your project
- Expenses: add the expenses incurred during the month (lunch, travel, equipment rental) indicating the amount including taxes and with their receipt
- Adjustment: if there was a mistake made on the Activity Report of the previous month (e.g.: one day's overpayment), indicate the number of working units to add or deduct
- Overtime: please indicate the total amount excluding taxes of the overtime
4. Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can describe here the deliverables of the month that you have attached. You can also rate, thanks to the star-rating icons, the interest, the working atmosphere as well as the visibility of the project, and leave a public comment as feedback. This allows other providers to see what a project with your Client looks like.
5. Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): You will see this section if the premium feature Project Breakdown has been activated by your Client. In this case, you need to indicate the time spent on each part of your project. To do this:
- Look for the project code in the list or write it in the search bar and click on Add this code
- Indicate the number of working units spent on this project and leave a comment
6. Eventually, check the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section on the right of your screen, and click on Submit this Activity Report.
Your AR is no longer editable, and the Validation Steps section has been updated. Your Client will be notified that it is their turn to validate the AR.