Single Sign-On (SSO) is a premium feature that enables your company's users to access different applications, including the LittleBig Connection platform, using a single secure login/password pair. This article explains what LittleBig Connection's SSO functionality is and how it works.
Within this article
Benefits of SSO
As a premium feature, if you wish to activate SSO on your Company account, please contact our Support team or your Customer Success Manager.
Use SSO to log onto LittleBig Connection
Once SSO has been activated, it is valid for all company entities and anyone using the defined email domain.
- Go to the LittleBig Connection log in page
- Enter your email address and click Next
- You will be redirected to your company's login portal where you can enter your company ID
- You are now connected and automatically redirected to the LittleBig Connection platform
Technical process for implementing SSO
To help you understand the steps involved in implementing Single Sign-On (SSO), and to give you a clear picture of the elements and timelines involved, please find below the key stages of the process. Throughout this process, a technical member of our Professional Services team will be your key point of contact to ensure the successful implementation of this feature.
- Configure authentication attributes:
Check that the SAML responses from your Identity Provider (IdP) include the following essential attributes:
- givenName: user's first name (example: Paul)
- sn: user's surname (example: Smith)
- mail: user's email address (example: email@example.com)
- Metadata exchange:
Send your IdP metadata to LittleBig Connection, including certificate(s) and access points (URLs) for user authentication. On the other hand, configure your IdP based on the LittleBig Connection SSO metadata you will have been provided with (for the target test environment and the production environment).
- IdP domain declaration:
To ensure the security of the service, LittleBig Connection must declare the domain of your IDP on the servers of its cloud infrastructure in order to authorize redirects to it. This step takes about 5 working days.
- Verification on the test environment:
A workshop is organized between your teams and LittleBig Connection to test the SSO configuration, first, in the test environment. Two scenarios are examined:
- A user with an existing account on the LittleBig Connection platform can log in via SSO.
- A user with no pre-existing account on the platform can also log in via SSO, with the automatic creation of a standard user account with no privileges.
- Deployment on the production environment:
If the tests are successful, the SSO configuration can be reproduced in the production environment in less than 72 hours.
- Verification on the production environment:
A new workshop is organized to validate, on the production environment, the same scenarios already verified on the test environment. If successful, all your users can now access the platform via SSO.