It may happen that you wish to extend a project with a supplier. In this case, you can request a renewal of the Purchase Order directly on the platform, and this article explains the procedure to follow.
Within this article
- Stages to extend a project
- Overall video
- Send an extension request
- Use case: Correct the rate after your supplier sent the proposal
Stages to extend a project
Send an extension request
To send an extension request to your supplier:
- Go to the Projects tab
- On the project you wish to extend, open the action menu and click on Request to extend
- In the window that will appear, you can fill in the following fields:
- Desired start date: by default, the date indicated is the day after the end date of the current Purchase Order
- End date: indicate the date on which you want the project to end
- Number of work units: you can calculate this number automatically from the end date indicated, by clicking on the corresponding button
- Rate: by default, the rate indicated is that of the current Purchase Order
- Finally, if you wish to extend the project without changing its content, click on Direct Renewal to send the extension request to your supplier. If you need to modify any elements of the project in the RFP, you can click on Renew with modification. You will be redirected to the RFP creation form where you can make the necessary changes and then click Publish to send the extension request to your supplier.
The Buyer and the Operational Manager of the project will be notified by email of this request, and will be able to see the mention Renewal in progress for the concerned project in the Requests column of the list of projects in their scope.
Your supplier will then be able to accept or refuse your request for renewal of the Purchase Order and you will be informed of their response:
- If they reject the extension request, the RFP will be updated with the status of Extension rejected by the supplier
- If they accept the extension request, you will have to select and validate the proposal so that the new Purchase Order is created.
The Business Manager will be notified of this validation by email and via a notification on the platform.
Use case: Correct the rate after your supplier sent the proposal
When your supplier accepts your request for an extension but you or they then realize that the rate indicated is not the right one, at first sight neither of you can change it anymore. Here's how to get your supplier to be able to change the rate:
- Start by going to the proposal and qualify it as Not Interesting
- In the window that will appear, choose Other as the reason for your refusal, so that you can write a comment to tell your supplier that the rate should be changed to amount X.
- Your supplier will be notified of your decision. They will need to click on the notification or link in the email about this to be redirected to their proposal form. There, they will be able to change the rate and send their corrected proposal.
- You will be notified of the new proposal and will be able to select it and validate it with the updated rate.