An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Client. It includes the number of working units worked, any documents or expenses, and an evaluation of the project. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to fill it in, submit it, and correct it if necessary, for a Fixed price project, to ensure that you receive payment in a timely manner.
Within this article
- Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
- Fill in and submit your Activity Report
- Correct a mistake on your Activity Report
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month of your project because it is essential to generate the billing voucher (BV)/invoice and therefore trigger the payment process.
|Any delay in the validation of an AR leads to a delay in the invoicing and therefore in your payment.|
To ensure that you receive your payment in a timely manner, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
On the right side of the AR page, in the AR Summary section, you can see the status of your AR, and the validation process is also summarized in the section below, entitled Validation Steps.
Fill in and submit your Activity Report
Here are the steps to fill in and submit your AR for a Fixed price project:
- Go to the tab Activity Report/Invoices and click on My Activity Report
- On the calendar that appears, enter the number of working units worked. You can indicate them for each day by clicking on (+) or (-), for a full week by going to the icon under the number of the week, or for the whole month by clicking on Modify the whole month in the upper right of the calendar. You can check that the updates are taken into account in the summary on the right of your screen, called Summary of the Activity Report.
For a fixed price project, the number of working units indicated is for information purpose only, it will have no impact on the amount to be invoiced.
3. Amount to be declared: Indicate the total amount to be invoiced to your Client for the month, which you have previously agreed with him, in euros excluding taxes and expenses. If you have a question about the amount to be entered, please contact your Client.
4. Project details (optional): If you need to add expenses and/or documents to your Activity Report, click on the Add details to the project toggle button to display the corresponding fields.
- Documents and deliverables: share the documents you have produced during the month for your project
- Expenses: add the expenses incurred during the month (lunch, travel, equipment rental) indicating the amount including taxes and with their receipt
5. Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can describe here the deliverables of the month that you have attached. You can also rate, thanks to the stars, the interest, the working atmosphere as well as the visibility of the project, and leave a public feedback. This allows other suppliers to see what a project with your Client looks like.
6. Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): You will see this section if the premium feature Project Breakdown has been activated by your Client. In this case, you need to indicate the time spent on each part of your project. To do this:
- Look for its project code in the list or write it in the search bar and click on Add this code
- Indicate the number of working units spent on this project and leave a comment
The sum of the working units associated to the project codes must be equal to the number in the AR calendar.
7. Eventually, check the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section on the right of your screen, and click on Submit this Activity Report.
Your AR is no longer editable, and the Validation Steps section has been updated. Your Client will be notified that it is their turn to validate the AR.
Correct a mistake on your Activity Report
If you have submitted your Activity Report, but you realize after that there is a mistake or a change to be made, two scenarios are possible:
- Your Client has not yet validated the Activity Report: in this case, we recommend you contact them for them to refuse your Activity Report on the platform. You will then be able to submit the AR again, after modifying it.
- Your Client has already validated the Activity Report*: in this case, the invoice has already been generated automatically, and the Activity Report can't be modified anymore. We recommend you adjust the amount to be declared accordingly, in the AR of the next month.
*If it was the last month of your project, your Client can contact our Support team.