An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Supplier. It includes the indicative number of working units worked, any documents and expenses, and an evaluation of the service provided. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to validate it and correct it, if necessary, for a Fixed price project.
Within this article
- Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
- Verify and validate the Activity Reports submitted by your suppliers
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month for a project because it is essential to generate the invoice/billing voucher (BV) and therefore trigger the payment process of the project.
To ensure a smooth and optimal relationship with your suppliers on this matter, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
Verify and validate the Activity Reports submitted by your suppliers
Here are the steps to verify and validate the ARs submitted by your suppliers for a Fixed price project:
- Go to the Activity Reports & invoices tab and click on Activity Reports
- For the ARs with the status Approved by Business Manager, click on View the Activity Report in the action menu
3. Verify the number of working units worked and indicated by the supplier in the calendar. Do the same for the total amount invoiced for the month (excluding taxes and expenses) that you have previously agreed on with them.
4. Project details (optional): Verify the expenses (in €, including taxes) and documents attached by your supplier
5. Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can describe here the deliverables of the month that you received. You can also rate, using the stars, the level of expertise/methodology, technical knowledge, as well as the communication of the supplier, and leave a public feedback. This allows other clients to see what a project with your supplier looks like.
6. Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): If you have activated the Project Breakdown premium feature, verify the information entered by your supplier about the time spent on each part of the project.
7. Eventually, check the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section that gathers all the information filled in by your supplier, and click on Check the billing information.
- If the billing details are correct, and the information in the AR as well, click on Validate to validate the billing voucher. The validation process is now closed, and the billing voucher is available for download.
- If some or any information (like the data on the calendar) is not correct, click on Reject the Activity Report, then check the box for the reason(s) of your refusal and click on Confirm refusal. The AR will be sent to the supplier, so they are able to correct it and submit it again, for your validation.
You can also validate the ARs in a faster way, directly from the ARs grid, located in the Activity Reports page of the Activity reports & invoices tab. To do so, for each AR, you can check the following information directly in the grid:
- Name of the consultant and their project
- Month concerned
- Number of Work Units declared
- Amount to be invoiced
If all this information is correct and nothing is missing, you can click on the action menu on the right of the AR and on Validate the Activity Report.
For even faster AR validation, you can activate the premium AR bulk validation feature. Find out more in this article.