An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Client. It includes the indicative number of working units, any expenses or documents, and an evaluation of the service provided. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to approve it and correct it if necessary, for a Fixed price project, to ensure that you receive payment in a timely manner.
Within this article
- Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
- Verify and approve the Activity Reports submitted by your Consultants
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month of a project because it is essential to generate the invoice/billing voucher (BV) and therefore trigger the payment process.
|Any delay in the validation of an AR leads to a delay in the invoicing and therefore in your payment.|
To ensure that you receive your payment in a timely manner, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
You may follow the progress of the validation process in the Validation Steps section on the right of the AR page.
You may also have an overview of the status of the ARs within your scope by clicking on Display Activity Reports and Billing Vouchers on the Activity Report/Invoices tab and using the Status column.
Verify and approve the Activity Reports submitted by your Consultants
Here are the steps to verify and approve the ARs submitted by your Consultants for a Fixed price project:
- Go to the Activity Report/Invoices tab and click on Display Activity Reports and Billing Vouchers
- For the ARs with the status Submitted by the Consultant, click on View the Activity Report in the action menu
3. Verify the number of working units worked and indicated by the Consultant in the calendar
For a fixed price project, the number of working units indicated is for information purpose only, it will have no impact on the amount to be invoiced.
4. Amount to be declared: Indicate the total amount to be invoiced to your Client for the month, which you have previously agreed with him, in euros excluding taxes and expenses. If you have a question about the amount to be entered, please contact your Client.
5. Project details (optional): click on this section to see the elements added by your Consultant and/or if you need to add complementary elements to the AR:
- Documents and deliverables: share the documents produced during the month for the project
- Expenses: add the expenses incurred during the month (lunch, travel, equipment rental) indicating the amount including taxes and with their corresponding receipt
6. Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can see here the feedback of the Consultant about the project
7. Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): You will see this section if the premium feature Project Breakdown has been activated by your Client. In this case, verify the information filled in by the Consultant about the time spent on each part of the project.
8. Eventually, check the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section.
- If all the information is here and correct, click on Approve the Activity Report. In this case, the AR is no longer editable, and the Validation Steps have been updated. Your Client will be notified that it is their turn to validate the AR.
If you want to correct a mistake or made a change to the AR after approving it, please read this article to see the options available to you.
- If some information (like the information in the calendar) is not correct, click on Reject the Activity Report, then check the box for the reason of your refusal and click on Confirm refusal. The AR will be sent to the Consultant again, so they are able to correct it and submit it again, for your approval.
The invoice is automatically generated only after the validation of the Activity Report by your Client.