An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Client. It includes the number of working units worked, any expenses or overtime incurred, and an evaluation of the service provided. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to fill it in, submit it, and correct it if necessary, for a Time and materials project.
Within this article
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month of your project because it is essential to generate the invoice/billing voucher (BV) and therefore trigger the payment process of your project. To do so, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
On the right side of the AR page, in the Summary of the AR section, you can see the status of your AR, the validation process is also summarized in the section below, entitled Validation Steps.
Fill in and submit your Activity Report
Here are the steps to fill in and submit your AR for a Time and materials project:
- Go to the tab Activity Report/Invoices and click on My Activity Report
- On the calendar that appears, enter the number of working units worked. You can indicate them for each day by clicking on (+) or (-), for a full week by going to the icon under the number of the week, or for the whole month by clicking on Modify the whole month in the upper right of the calendar. You can check that the updates are taken into account in the summary on the right of your screen, called Summary of the Activity Report.
- Specific details to be completed (optional): if you need to add complementary elements to your AR, click on the toggle button Add details to the project to display the corresponding fields.
- Documents and deliverables: share the documents you have produced during the month for your project
- Expenses: add the expenses incurred during the month (lunch, travel, equipment rental) indicating the amount including taxes and with their receipt
- Adjustment: if there was a mistake made on the Activity Report of the previous month (e.g.: one day's overpayment), indicate the number of working units to add or deduct
- Overtime: please indicate the total amount excluding taxes of your overtime. If you have questions, you can contact your Business Manager.
- Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can describe here the deliverables of the month that you have attached. You can also rate, thanks to the stars, the interest, the working atmosphere as well as the visibility of the project, and leave a public feedback. This allows other suppliers to see what a project with your Client looks like.
- Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): You will see this section if the premium feature Project Breakdown has been activated by your Client. In this case, you need to indicate the time spent on each part of your project. To do this:
- Look for the project code in the list or write it in the search bar and click on Add this code
- Indicate the number of working units spent on this project and leave a comment
The sum of working units associated to the project codes must be equal to the number stated in the AR calendar.
6. Eventually, check the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section on the right of your screen, and click on Submit this Activity Report.
After you submit it, your AR will no longer editable, since the Validation Steps section has been updated. Your Business Manager will be notified that it is their turn to approve the AR.
|If you want to correct a mistake or made a change to your AR after submitting, please read this article to see the options available to you.|