The negotiation module is a premium feature that Clients may choose to activate, or not. When activated, it allows you to negotiate the price of your proposals with your Clients directly within the platform. Its main benefit is to help you save time and gain visibility on the negotiation process by centralizing all communication on the platform, thus avoiding the multiplication of tools.
Within this article
Triggering the negotiation feature
When it is activated, the negotiation module can only be used at the Client's initiative and once your proposal has been qualified as interesting, or has been selected by the Operational manager.
Negotiate through the platform
When the Client sends you a counter-proposal, you are notified by email as well as on the platform.
To access the negotiation module, you can click on the link in the email notification received, on the platform notification, alternatively:
- Go to the RFPs tab and click on My marketplace RFPs
- On the page that will appear, in the Active RFPs tab, scroll down until the relevant proposal and click on New offer from the Buyer and you will be redirected to the Negotiation tab
You will see the Client's counter-proposal and the accompanying commentary, three choices on how to respond will become available to you:
- Accept the Client's counter-proposal by clicking on Accept
- Refuse the negotiation by clicking on Stop (the proposal price will revert to the original one and it will not be possible to make new counter-proposals)
- Make a new counteroffer by clicking on Negotiate
If you make a counteroffer, the Client will, in turn, have three choices of response.
The negotiation module has no limit to the number of exchanges, and the history of the exchanges remains visible to both parties at all times. Moreover, the negotiation can be interrupted at any time by either party.
When you or your Client validate a counteroffer, the last negotiated daily rate (with possibly free days) is applied as the final offer.