An Activity Report (AR) is a document that binds you to your Client. It includes the number of working units worked, any expenses or overtime incurred, and an evaluation of the service provided. Its validation is indispensable to trigger invoicing. In this article, we will look at how to approve it and correct it if necessary, for a Time and materials project, to ensure that you receive payment in a timely manner.
Within this article
- Overall video
- Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
- Verify and approve the Activity Reports submitted by your Consultants
Impact of the Activity Report (AR)
The AR should be validated at the end of each month of a project because it is essential to generate the invoice/billing voucher (BV) and therefore trigger the payment process.
To ensure that you receive your payment in a timely manner, we recommend that you respect the following dates:
Verify and approve the Activity Reports submitted by your Consultants
Here are the steps to verify and approve the ARs submitted by your Consultants for a Time and materials project:
- Go to the Activity Report/Invoices tab and click on Display Activity Reports and Billing Vouchers
- For the ARs with the status Submitted by the Consultant, click on View the Activity Report in the action menu
3. Verify the information filled in by the Consultant in the summary located on the right-hand side of your screen, called Summary of the Activity Report
4. Project details (optional): click on this section to see the elements added by your Consultant and/or if you need to add complementary elements to the AR:
- Documents and deliverables: share the documents produced during the month for the project
- Expenses: add the expenses incurred during the month (lunch, travel, equipment rental) indicating the amount including taxes, and with their receipt
- Adjustment: if there was a mistake made on the Activity Report of the previous month (e.g.: one day's overpayment), indicate the number of working units to add or deduct
- Overtime: please indicate the total amount excluding taxes of the overtime
5. Monthly report of my activity (optional): You can see here the feedback of the Consultant about the project
6. Breakdown of the projects (if applicable): You will see this section if the premium feature Project Breakdown has been activated by your Client. In this case, verify the information entered by the Consultant about the time spent on each part of the project.
7. Eventually, check again the information summarized in the Summary of the Activity report section to see that your modifications has been taken into account.
- If all the information is here and correct, click on Approve the Activity Report. In this case, the AR is no longer editable, and the Validation Steps have been updated. Your Client will be notified that it is their turn to validate the AR.
- If some information (like the information in the calendar) is not correct, click on Reject the Activity Report, then check the box for the reason of your refusal and click on Confirm refusal. The AR will be sent again to the Consultant who will be able to correct it and submit it again, for your approval.