As a supplier, your Client may indicate that they wish to renew the Purchase Order (PO) of your project. The project extension process allows you and your Client, to easily renew the current Purchase Order, hence continuing the project. In this article, we will see how to respond to your client's extension request.
Within this article
- Workflow to extend a project
- Respond to an extension request
- Use case: Correct the rate after sending your proposal
Workflow to extend a project
Respond to an extension request
It may happen that, as a supplier, you are informed by the client that they wish to extend the duration of a project. On their side, the client will make the request within their account and will share with you:
- The new end date of the Purchase Order (PO)
- The work unit of the PO
- An update of the PO (if relevant)
You, as a Business manager, will be able to either accept or reject the extension request for the Purchase Order.
Below the steps to take action after reception of the client's request:
- Access the tab RFPs then select Renewals Requests
- You will be redirected towards the page that contains the list of your proposals. Find the desired Renewal/extension request and click on View and validate
- Within this new page, verify the date of availability for the consultant, the fee proposed to the client and the Consultant on the project.
To accept the extension request, click on the green button in the top right corner of the page Accept the extension. From that moment:
- The Operational/Manager of the project will be informed via a platform notification in order to validate the renewal
- The new Purchase Order will be created
- You will be informed of the validation by email and via a platform notification
- You will be able to access the My projects tab to check the new details
To reject the extension request as a Business Manager, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Reject the extension. In the new pop-up that will appear, please note down the reason for the rejection from the options presented. It is recommended that you also add further comments to support your refusal, and then click on Validate.
The Operational or Manager will be notified of the rejection of the extension request.
Use case: Correct the rate after sending your proposal
When you accept an extension request but then realize that the rate you have indicated is not the correct one, at first glance neither you nor your Client can change it. Here is how to make sure you can still change the rate:
- Your Client needs first to qualify your proposal as Not interesting
- In the window that will appear, they choose Other as the reason for their refusal, so that they can write a comment to tell you, as agreed, that the rate should be changed to amount X
- (Please see animation below) You are notified of their decision. You just have to click on the notification or the link in the email you received about this to be redirected to the form of your proposal. There, you will be able to change the rate and send your corrected proposal
- Your Client will be notified of the new proposal and will be able to select it and validate it with the updated rate.