Project Codes and Projects Breakdown are premium features that allow you, as Company Administrator, to link projects to one or several projects according to your internal classification and then track how much time your suppliers spend on each project. Let's see in this article what these features are and how to use them.
Within this article
- Presentation of Project codes and Projects breakdown
- Create a Project code
- Verify Projects breakdown in the Activity Reports
Presentation of Project codes and Projects breakdown
Project codes are tags that allow you to link one or more projects to a project, according to your internal classification.
The Projects breakdown allows you to see how much time your supplier has spent on each project (linked to a project code) in their assignment at the time they submit their Activity Report (AR).
If you activate only the Project codes, then :
- When creating an RFP, Operational managers will have to select at least one Project code (Specific Settings step)
- After publishing an RFP for which you have not yet selected a proposal, Operational Managers will be able to edit the RFP to add at least one Project code
- With certain interfacing options, you will be able to export project code data to your internal tools in order to better manage your intellectual service purchases.
If the Breakdown is also activated, then :
- When your supplier submits the AR, they will have to indicate how much time they spent on each project during the past month. You will see this information when you validate the AR.
- You will be able to retrieve and analyze the information from the Projects breakdown via the data export available on the platform
As a premium feature, in order to benefit from it, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager, or the Support Team so as to activate it.
Create a Project code
Project codes are set at the company level and can only be created and configured by Company Administrators.
Project codes are a prerequisite for using Projects breakdown. You must therefore create at least one Project code to be able to use Projects breakdown.
To create a Project code:
- Go to the Company tab and click on Project codes
- Under the search bar, you will find the fields to fill in to create a Project code:
- New project code: enter the name of the project code using an alphanumeric combination (not case-sensitive)
- Operational manager: Enter the name of the Operational Manager on whom the Project code depends. This is a free text field to make it easier to find the Project code when creating an RFP or submitting an AR
- Description (optional)
- Click on Save to create the new project code
Verify Projects breakdown in the Activity Reports
When a Project code is associated with a Request for Proposals, a Breakdown of projects section is added to your supplier's AR, with the list of corresponding Project codes. At the end of each month, when they submit their AR, all they have to do is select the Project codes of the projects they worked on during the past month, and indicate the number of Work Units (WU) spent on each.
As an Operational manager, when you check your supplier's AR for validation, you will be able to see the breakdown of projects indicated by the supplier. If you notice an error, you can reject the AR and select Error in entering ventilations as the reason for rejection. The supplier will be notified and can correct the AR accordingly.